Skip to content
Are you looking for a Sightsinging program that is...
- Systematic and sequential?
- Based upon criteria established for the Texas Sightreading Contest?
- Provides sufficient exercises to prepare a middle school choir for sightreading contest?
- High school students can use to prepare for All-State auditions?
- College students can use to improve their individual sightreading skills?
MUSIC LITERACY for SINGERS
by Patti DeWitt may be the answer to your professional prayers.
(Add link to sampler pdf here)
- Written by a composer of many Texas Sightreading pieces
- Begins scalewise, teaches intervals sequentially and individually
- Theoretically sound
- Appropriate voice leadings and cadences
- Logical resolutions
- Exercises and literature which read well melodically
- Regular 4-measure phrases
- Repetition of phrases and motives
- Appropriate vocal ranges
- Emphasizes keys of F, C and G for young choirs
- Sufficient excercises for mastery of each concept