Skip to content
Are you looking for a Sightsinging program that is...
- Systematic and sequential?
- Based upon criteria established for the Texas Sightreading Contest?
- Provides sufficient exercises to prepare a middle school choir for sightreading contest?
- High school students can use to prepare for All-State auditions?
- College students can use to improve their individual sightreading skills?
MUSIC LITERACY for SINGERS
by Patti DeWitt may be the answer to your professional prayers.
- Written by a composer of many Texas Sightreading pieces
- Begins scalewise, teaches intervals sequentially and individually
- Theoretically sound
- Appropriate voice leadings and cadences
- Logical resolutions
- Exercises and literature which read well melodically
- Regular 4-measure phrases
- Repetition of phrases and motives
- Appropriate vocal ranges
- Emphasizes keys of F, C and G for young choirs
- Sufficient excercises for mastery of each concept